Laser Dentistry in Olney, MD
Experience more comfortable dental treatments at Elham Amini DDS.
Improve Your Smile with Painless Dentistry
Are you worried about visiting your local dentist due to the fear of pain or discomfort? If just the thought of dental drills or other instruments scares you, then laser dentistry may be the best way to get your dental health back on track.
Neglecting your oral health and existing problems only leads to more serious and costly issues down the road. This is why we offer laser dentistry in Olney, MD at Elham Amini DDS … Click to go to the home page of Elham Amini DDS … ; it’s a minimally invasive procedure that helps make treatments faster and more comfortable using targeted light therapy.
Laser dentistry helps:
Your next procedure at the dentist can be stress-free and pain-free with laser dentistry.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Here are the advantages of laser dentistry at Elham Amini DDS.
Our Olney, MD dentist is qualified in laser dentistry and uses state-of-the-art technology to help ensure your safe treatment.
These lasers are painless and much more gentle than scalpels or drills. What’s more, many treatments can be completed using less anesthesia.
Unlike loud, noisy drills, our laser is quiet during treatment, so you can relax during your dental procedure.
Dental lasers use targeted light beams to treat damaged or targeted areas without affecting the surrounding tooth or gum tissue.
The laser light helps seal blood vessels during gum treatments, reducing the need for sutures and follow-up care.
The high-energy light helps perform necessary treatments while sterilizing the area, which means less risk of infections and faster healing times.
How Laser Dentistry Works
Elham Amini DDS uses the best dental technology to treat your teeth and gums.
Once our team diagnoses your oral health problem, we’ll recommend the best treatment option. We always try to use the least invasive method and may recommend laser dentistry to treat your teeth or gums.
From simple cosmetic procedures to life-changing dental work, laser dentistry helps improve your smile while ensuring optimal comfort and peace of mind.
- Preparation To begin, your dentist will explain how we’ll use the dental lasers. We then prep your teeth or gums, and use the laser inside your mouth. Based on the extent of your treatment, we may use a sedative or anesthesia (thanks to the painless laser, any anesthesia will probably be minimal!).
- Laser Treatment There are two main types of lasers used in dentistry, hard and soft tissue lasers. These lasers use different wavelengths compatible with your mouth’s tissue, and we choose one based on your needs. Our dentist then safely delivers the light to cut or apply heat during your dental or surgical procedure.
The hard tissue laser works on teeth for tooth preparation, reshaping, detecting cavities, and prepping teeth for fillings. The soft tissue laser works on soft tissue for gum reshaping, crown lengthening, and frenectomies.
- Post-Care One of the biggest differences between laser therapy vs. traditional procedures is the post-operative care. Targeted laser dentistry treatments are much more gentle and cause less bleeding and discomfort. Please follow your after-care instructions and enjoy faster healing.
Find out how our innovative dental solutions at Olney, MD can make your next procedure a breeze.
FAQ about Laser Dentistry
- What is a laser in dentistry? A laser used in dentistry is an innovative instrument to aid in dental treatments. “Laser” stands for “Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation.”
It’s a safe tool that emits light for targeted dental therapies, including treating gum disease and cavities, performing gum recontouring, and more. Dentists may choose laser dentistry for select procedures in order to improve efficiency and patient comfort.
It’s especially useful if you suffer from anxiety or fear of drills or scalpels. Lasers use high-energy light, so they’re much less invasive or scary (bonus points: they’re quiet!).
- Is laser dentistry expensive? The cost of laser dentistry depends on the severity of your dental treatment. For example, simple tooth preparation for a cavity may be less expensive than full gum recontouring.
Depending on the procedure, your dental insurance may provide coverage. Please schedule a consultation at Elham Amini DDS to see if you’re a candidate and find out how much your laser dentistry procedure costs.
- Why do dentists not use lasers? Wait a second, we do! If you’re just learning about laser dentistry for the first time, that may be because not all dentists utilize laser technology in their practices.
At Elham Amini DDS in Olney, MD, our dentist stays at the forefront of dental technology and techniques to bring you the best solutions. With ongoing education and training, we safely administer laser therapy to promote a happier, healthier, and more beautiful smile.
Additionally, we continually invest in our in-house technology to help ensure faster and less painful procedures.
- Is a dental laser painful? You may be wondering what laser dentistry feels like. The quick answer – nothing really! Of course, this depends on your specific treatment.
Dental lasers make treatments pain-free. The laser precisely targets the treatment area and doesn’t damage the surrounding teeth or gums. Also, there’s much less stress before and during treatment because you don’t see or hear any scary drills.
Even if our team can’t complete your entire treatment with laser dentistry, we may be able to minimize discomfort and speed up your treatment with the aid of a light beam.
- Is laser treatment for teeth worth it? If you value your health, comfort, and time, then lasers in dentistry are definitely worth it!
Laser dentistry is reinventing what preventative and cosmetic procedures look like. From gum surgery, cavities, and other oral problems, this modern dental solution makes dental care simple.
Using targeted light beams, our Olney, MD dentist brings you easier solutions with shorter recovery times. There are so many benefits, and we can’t wait to share them with you.
We look forward to welcoming you into our dental family.
Elham Amini DDS:
18121 Georgia Avenue, Suite 101
Olney, MD 20832